Production Co-ordinator position (manufacturing)
Overall Job Purpose
The Production Coordinator plays a key role in ensuring product is manufactured, filled and dispatched to customers in a timely manner as per company turn around criteria. This role also ensures that delivered product is to agreed quality standards.
- Prepare web orders, book parcel service and ensure packages are despatched same day.
- Deal with customer service enquiries in a timely and polite manner.
- Liaise with retailers to ensure accuracy of orders and invoices.
- To input all sales orders in the system on a daily basis.
- Plan and project manage all large volume shopping orders.
- To schedule manufacturing and filling to ensure orders can be fulfilled and ready for despatch within 5 hours of receipt.
- To ensure system (Inflow) procedures are adhered to including – receipt of raw materials, labels and cartons, scanning of consumed raw materials and finished products are completed one filled.
- To ensure all organic materials and products are handled according to the guidelines laid out by the Soil Association.
- To maintain the manufacturing and filling areas ensuring it is kept clean and well-ordered according to the Natural Products Factory quality manual.
- To ensure all quality control is carried out as per NPF Quality Manual.
- To liaise with suppliers and place orders for raw materials, labels, packaging and cartons as required.
- Regular checks on supplier pricing ensuring NPF remain competitive.
- To maintain the NPF microbiology database and ensure samples sent out as specified in NPF quality manual.
- Run weekly stock reordering reports for raw materials, packaging, labels and cartons. Visual checks on shelf stock and raise work orders as required.
- General office purchasing of consumables and stationary.
- Take a pro-active role in ensuring all H&S procedures are adhered to.
Skills / Experience
- Methodical and organised.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Demonstrable ability to follow specific work instructions accurately and reliably.
- Proven ability to work under own initiative to complete objectives.
- The ability to work flexibly and supportively within a team.
- Basic proficiency in MS Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong personal qualities in: Attention to detail; Communication and Reliability and Accountability.
- The ability to handle multiple tasks.
- The willingness to learn and adapt to new challenges and a changing environment.
- The confidence to question and challenge e.g. when negotiating with suppliers.
Hours / Location
- The normal working hours for the role will be 9am-6pm Monday – Friday.
- Occasional weekend working may be required.
- Based Battersea, London SW8.
Send CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org